Unit testing with Silverlight

I'm in favor of test driven development. The sooner you find bugs in the product cycle the less costly the are to fix, afterall. Currently, I'm working with Visual Studio 2008 SP1 with the Silverlight tools installed - my current project is a multi-tier system with DB backend, WCF web services, and a Silverlight client.

However, when I added a test project and attempted to navigate to the Code Coverage tab of my test run config, the run config editor simply closed. I tried a few of the usual suspects - devenv /resetsettings, devenv /resetuserdata, repairing my Silverlight VS add-in installation - all to no avail.

Then, after one MSDN search, I discovered that this is a known issue. The fix is available here and it's working for me so far. Hooray for test enablement!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Managing to Lead

Moving up

Please properly dispose old knowledge